WebMaxy and GTM integration
Webmaxy Google Tag Manager integration pushes Webmaxy data into your Google Tag Manager workspace.
Sharing insights has never been easier.
- Key Benefits
- Use Cases
Begin data collection with the help of Webmaxy’s GTM integration
Data collection has surely become easier than ever and all you need to do is create your Webmaxy account. However, you need to install Webmaxy on your site before it can start collecting data.
We have created the Webmaxy Google Tag Manager, aka Webmaxy GTM, integration to make it easy for the users to set it up on your website.
However, before installing Webmaxy GTM integration for data collection, you must go through its benefits and why you should install it.
Why you should use Webmaxy GTM integration
Webmaxy does not interfere with any of the other tools if Google Tag Manager is a staple in your system.
You will no longer need an external team or a developer to install your Webmaxy tracking code with the help of Webmaxy GTM integration. With Webmaxy GTM integration, it becomes extremely easier to install the tracking code by yourself and you will immediately start receiving data.
Google Tag Manager provides one spot to keep all your site and product tracking codes. Users need not to worry about various members of your organisation installing one or more tracking codes and potentially changing direction of your data as you can now see every tracking code installed with Google Tag Manager.
One of the best features of Webmaxy Tracking Code is that it provides a preview as well as a debug in the Google Tag Manager before its addition. It ensures that there will be no errors in the code when it goes live.
Webmaxy GTM provides users to easily troubleshoot bugs and critical issues in the system. Moreover, it also helps users in fixing issues on their own or forwards the bug to the right person to get it resolved quicker.
Users can integrate Webmaxy GTM with paying any extra penny. Moreover, it offers the most secure way to add tracking codes and the user need not to worry about any interruption in their data collection if someone accidentally deleted all tracking codes on their backend product.
One of the best features of Webmaxy GTM integration is that a user need not to rely on someone to add it to their product and can add it whenever they need it. Also, the user can run a plethora of experiments on the tracking code and collect data faster.
There are three ways in which Webmaxy GTM integration can increase your workflow
The Webmaxy GTM integration can be used to improve a team’s communication and resolve many issues in no time. These are the ways:
- 1. Greater Control
- 2. Quicker run of experiments and data collection
- 3. Spot as well as resolve critical bugs
- Use Webmaxy and GTM together in order to set up Webmaxy on your website and begin collecting data immediately.
- Only you, Webmaxy and GTM are involved in the process of data collection.
- One of the best parts is that one user gets to buy-in and add Webmaxy from their team members and stakeholders.
- The basic flow in this integration begins when a user buy-in Webmaxy from their tem members and stakeholders and add it to the system. Further, GTM is used to add Webmaxy to your product. At last, Webmaxy stars collecting data which can be used in improving a product.
All a user need to do is buy-in from stakeholders or team members and add Webmaxy to their product
to collect valuable insight.
In case, a user do not have the access to their product’s backend to install Webmaxy’s Tracking Code,
here is what they need to do:
- 1. Open a ticket with either a developer of a team, who are in charge of the product’s backend,
and request them to add Webmaxy’s tracking Code.
- 2. Wait for the developer or the team to add Webmaxy Tracking Code as its depends on the
number of tasks that are ahead of your ticket.
- 3. The developer and the code and then runs tests on the product to ensure is working.
- 4. In case of any issues, the user needs go back to the developer and wait for the issues to get
The duration of this process depends on the number of tasks.
However, with Webmaxy’s GTM integration, the user can connect it to their product without any hassle
and also without reaching out for help from a developer or a team member.
Here are the tasks that can be performed with the help of Webmaxy’s GTM integration:
- 1. The user can add the tracking code to their GTM account within a few minutes.
- 2. The user can test and debug the product.
- 3. The data collection starts immediately.
Quicker run of experiments and data collection
- Use Webmaxy and GTM together to run experiments and collect data quickly.
- Only the user, Webmaxy and GTM are involved in the process.
- You can add the tracking code using Webmaxy’s GTM integration.
- The flow of the process is very basic. I begins with the user adding Webmaxy Tracking Code using the Webmaxy’s GTM integration and it begins to collect data immediately. Then the user can run experiments and compare the data before as well as after in order to uncover what is working and what is not. At last, the user can make changes to their products on the basis of the data collected from the experiment to improve the UX and conversions.
Time is very important in this process and the user makes changes and cannot waste a single second in
waiting for other people to input tracking codes to your product.
With the help of Webmaxy’s Google Tag Manager integration, a user can begin collecting vital product
experience insight immediately. The user will not have to miss out on important data from other users,
wait for someone else to get Webmaxy running and not even fall behind on the milestones because the
user will have all the information at the right time when they will need it.
For e.g.: Your latest landing page is getting converted much lower that you expected it to be. Also, you
are running late on deadline but figuring out the roadblocks is very important as your users will have to
face to improve the product as well as conversions. In such cases, install Webmaxythrough GTM and
then turn on the Session Recordings. Once Webmaxy is installed, it will record user session which will
ultimately help you in understanding where they get stuck.
The user must use the recording to identify the obstacles preventing other users from converting or
creating an experience to see which changes are needed to delight the other users or stakeholders.
Spot as well as resolve critical bugs
- Use Webmaxy with GTM to spot and fix all critical bugs.
- Only the user, Webmaxy and GTM are involved in the process.
- It also triggers everything that causes malfunctioning of Webmaxy’s Tracking Code.
The basic flow of the process is as follows.
- Some bug or issue prevents Webmaxy’s tracking code from working properly on a website
- Use preview mode in Google Tag Manager and you can quickly spot the issues.
- Now, the user can either fix the issue by themselves or forward it to the right and reliable
person to get the task done.
The data of the user is the backbone of any product. It tells various things, including what the customers
love, why they behave in a particular way and more. But issues and bugs can interrupt your workflow and disrupt the data collection. In such cases, the user must act immediately and figure out what is
wrong in the product.
These are the tasks a user can do by identifying and resolving critical bugs:
- Keep the product working without stopping the activities from opening up tickets with the
- Product remains in your control.
- Give your team members more power.
- Identify the issues quickly and easily forward them at the right time and to the appropriate team
members when you cannot fix anything.
Since you are not a developer, and debugging tracking codes is not a part of your daily duties.
Webmaxy’s GTM integration offers a hassle free to debug issues without touching the product’s backend.
By activating GTMs Preview Mode, the user can spot and resolve critical bugs. Google Tag Manager
helps in performing these tasks:
- See which tags are and are not firing on the pages to help you find the bug.
- Understand what may be blocking tags from firing.
- Showcase the errors that result from certain tags.
- Test Webmaxy Tracking Code on different devices and pinpoint if bugs are device-specific or
Google Tag Manager also lets you share your preview mode with other team members for situations
when you are not able to resolve the problems.
Here are three simple steps to install Webmaxy through GTM
Note: Before installing Webmaxy to your website or app through Google Tag Manager, you should have
Google Tag Manager installed already.
1. Install within your Webmaxy dashboard
Step 1: Create a site in Webmaxy and it will then autodetect your GTM container and help you connect
your GTM account. In case Webmaxy doesn’t automatically detect yur GTM container, then continue
with the method.
Step 2: Give Webmaxy permission as well as access to Google Tag Manager.
Step 3: Select your Google Tag Manager Account and tag container.
Step 4: Create and then publish a tag.
Step 5: Confirm and then create.
Step 6: Ensure and verify that your tag is set up correctly.
2. Use the template of Webmaxy’s GTM Tag
Step 1: In your GTM account, click Add a new tag and further select Webmaxy Tracking Code.
Step 2: Enter your Webmaxy Site ID, which is there in the URL of your page.
Step 3: In Trigger, select All Pages to fire Tracking Code across the entire site.
Step 4: Save the workspace and further click the Submit button on the right-upper side of the page.
Step 5: Click Publish and then verify.
3. Add Webmaxy’s custom code to your GTM
Step 1: Go to the sites list and click the Tracking Code for the site that you wish to track.
Step 2: Copy to the Clipboard.
Step 3: Click Add a new tag button in GTM.
Step 4: Choose a tag type to start the set up.
Step 5: Select Custom HTML.
Ans. Yes. There are various ways to install and add Webmaxy’s Tracking Code to your website or
product. We have a complete installation guide where you can find the quickest method to add
Webmaxy to your product.
Ans. No, you do not need any developer to help you add Webmaxy to your website. We have made it
easy to add it to your website or product.
Ans. Webmaxy has a GTM Tag Template and through Webmaxy’s GTM integration you can add it to your
product and use GTM Tag Template.
Adam Wilson comes with an experience of 12+ years in the IT industry. As a Customer Success Manager, he has been researching and trying to understand the customers’ behavior in different scenarios. He has also studied human psychology to relate it to the purchase journey of the customers. His published books on customer psychology and behavior have received many honors and awards from various enterprises.