WebMaxy and Segment integration
Webmaxy Segment integration pushes Webmaxy data into your Segment workspace.
Sharing insights has never been easier.
- Key Benefits
- Use Cases
Get to learn more about your users with Webmaxy’s Segment integration
A user can interact with your product through various channels, which include support chats, email newsletters and websites. However, if your organization compiles the user data through every touchpoint, it is impossible for you to get a true holistic view of all your users unless you tie the data oints together. This often means the development of complex APIs to connect all apps which can be cumbersome, expensive as well as time-consuming.
Webmaxy helps you in managing this user data in your organization with Segment integration.
Segment is a customer data platform that helps an organization in pulling all customers data points together so your team can perform various activities. They are:
- Debug as well as reproduce the issues reported by the users
- Respect users’ privacy
- Increase the lifetime value of your customers.
Webmaxy’s Segment integration will not only help your team but also streamline the operations of the entire organization. But, you need to make sure that all the tools that are used by your organization are integrated with Segment.
Key benefits of using Webmaxy’s Segment integration
- You do not need to build a custom integration as you can integrate Webmaxy to Segment with the help of Webmaxy API key and then start sending valuable data to User Attributes via Segment’s user identity sepc.
- It also helps in adding new apps quickly to Segment without any disruption of your data collected from Webmaxy.
- You don’t need to jump from tool to tool to piece together the user data as you can now access all your data in one place and speed up your decision-making process.
- You can now be confident with your decisions as you can connect user data points from different tools within your tech stack to see the full picture.
- The user attributes help you in segmenting your users so you can target the incoming feedback to the users that you want to hear from.
- Filter Session Recordings by a specific user attribute helps in finding bugs that certain users come across so that you can now fix them at a faster pace and also improve user experience. You don’t even need your developer now.
- You can achieve greater synergy when everyone is making decisions based on the same dataset. To do this, you need to keep everyone from different teams on the same page.
- You can also build sticky products with the help of Webmaxy’s Segment integration.
There are 3 ways of using Webmaxy with Segment that will help your organization
- You can reproduce issues reported by users to quickly debug
- Hear from those who spend less and increase customer lifetime value
- Respect the privacy of your users
You can reproduce issues reported by users to quickly debug
- You can use Webmaxy with Segment to debug all the issues reported by your users.
- The user, you, your support team, Webmaxy and Segment are involved in this process.
- It triggers when a user come across something that is not working.
- The basic flow is: As a customer come across something that is not working, the user can open the chat on your website and report the issue. You support relays the message to you with the user’s ID so that you can look up their ID in your session recordings on Webmaxy. As you spot the issue, you can resolve it.
However, some issues require assistance form the developers. Therefore troubleshooting and resolving the bugs by yourself helps the team in staying agile and also remain in control. Moreover, if you need to support the issue that your users face if you can’t replicate them, you can do it with Webmaxy Segment integration.
Hear from those who spend less and increase customer lifetime value
- You can use Webmaxy with Segment to target the surveys to users that have lower than average lifetime values to find out why do they spend less.
- Only you, Webmaxy and Segment are involved in this.
- It triggers when a customer visit your site with lower than average LTV.
- The basic flow is as follows: A customer visits your website who has a lower than average LTV. You create a survey in Webmaxy in order to understand why the customer is spending less. As the survey deploys when the users matches with the Webmaxy’s User Attribute visit the site. As the user fill the survey, its results are sent to Webmaxy for you along with your team to analyse.
To make sure that you increase customer LTV, you need to gather information from the right users. To do so, you can target the surveys and feedback to a specific subset of users that help you in collecting the necessary information that you need in decision making and also making changed for the betterment of users’ experience.
With the help of Webmaxy’s Segment integration, you can specify who you wish to show the survey as well as feedback on your website without any additional code. You can make changes to your product after studying the data collected from the surveys of those spending less on your website and encourage them to increase the value of their order.
However, Webmaxy’s integration with Segment goes even beyond that as you can now easily share with your other team members what you have learned.
Respect the privacy of your users
- You can use Webmaxy with Segment to control as well as delete the user data and respect the privacy of your users.
- Your user, you, Webmaxy as well as Segment are involved in this.
- It is triggered when a when a user requests to have their data deleted.
- The basic flow of this is as follows: As a user submit their request to get their data deleted, your organization receives a mail. The mail is then forwarded to a team that deleted the data from your product.
As your business is user-centric, you must build privacy into your product. Users have the right to have their data erased and if your organization does not do this, you can face penalties for the same.
When a usr requests for their data to be removed, you are legally obligated to erase it all. For this, it is necessary for your app to comply with GDPR and other privacy laws for easy data deletion.
Both Webmaxy as well as Segment help in easily deleting the data. With the help of Webmaxy’s Visitor Lookup feature, you can also find users to see what all data you have gathered about them and erase it on user’s request. Segment even prevents from the collection of data in the future so that you can will not spend much time worrying about the penalties.
Webmaxy’s Segment integration also helps in the improvement of cross-functional team alignment by bringing your data collection methods together. You can uncover your product experience insights when you have a complete view of your data and develop a product as per users’ requests.
Steps to integrate WebMaxy with Segment
- In order to use Webmaxy with Segment, you need to log into your Segment dashboard and click the Add Destination button.
- Search for Webmaxy in the search box and select Webmaxy.
- Now, click on the Configure Webmaxy button.
- Select your source and then click on Confirm Source.
- You can then find your WebMaxy Site ID in your Organisations and Sites. The Site ID is the numbers that are listed beside your URL.
- Under the configuration settings, click Site ID and enter it to save and toggle on Webmaxy.
- In the end, wait for the Segment to finish connecting to your WebMaxy account.
Ans. Yes, it is very easy to integrate Webmaxy with Segment. It also helps in keeping all your tool integrations in one place.
Ans. Wbmaxy’s Segment integration helps in keeping your tech stack integrations in one place for proper segmenting of your data collection and product management efforts. With the help of Webmaxy and Segment, you can collect a holistic view of the user data in order to help you create products your users love.
Ans. Yes, Webmaxy is GDPR-compliant.
Ans. No, Tag Manager and Segment are different and will not replace your current tag manager. You can use both easily.
Adam Wilson comes with an experience of 12+ years in the IT industry. As a Customer Success Manager, he has been researching and trying to understand the customers’ behavior in different scenarios. He has also studied human psychology to relate it to the purchase journey of the customers. His published books on customer psychology and behavior have received many honors and awards from various enterprises.