WebMaxy and WordPress integration
Webmaxy WordPress integration pushes Webmaxy data into your WordPress workspace.
Sharing insights has never been easier.
- Key Benefits
- Use Cases
The official Webmaxy plugin for WordPress
Product teams continuously have to make tough decisions to improve the user experience and without having organized data, the product flow can be very difficult to keep up with. Especially when the wants and needs of the customer constantly changes.
In such cases, Webmaxy WordPress login can help as an asset: Webmaxy’s product experience insight tools help in collecting customer feedback and also add context to the traditional analytics data, which informs your team about the reason behind user behavior.
Take a look at the benefits of using the Webmaxy WordPress plugin on your website
- The Webmaxy WordPress plugin has an extremely simple setup and does not have any steep learning curve.
- The product experience insights of Webmaxy are extremely easy to understand and also shared with the product team.
- Webmaxy also helps in collecting as well as analyzing users’ feedback.
- It caters to understanding the behavior of users and also learning how to improve their experience.
- Webmaxy plugin is updated frequently which helps users with better performance.
- It is extremely safe as it analyses how users interact with as well as experience your site from beginning to finish.
- Webmaxy has a fully supported team that is always available in case you face any issues or have some queries.
You can now install Webmaxy on your WordPress site in order to get the product experience insights that you need to understand the behavior of your users and continuously make your customers happy.
How to use the Webmaxy WordPress plugin to improve UX
When you use the Webmaxy plugin for WordPress, you can easily collect data on the preferences and behavior of your target audience as they use your site, giving the insights you need to bring change to the UX improvements. Here is how to put data to work:
- It helps in tracking user interactions with heatmaps as it shows you how the users scroll, click and move around your page. You can see if users are clicking CTAs or passing by the important elements and then look at the scroll map to find out how much of the page your users are seeing.
- You can get feedback from your users with on-site as well as off-site surveys. Webmaxy surveys can be used to get feedback directly from your users and further uncover the blockers and issues. These surveys help in finding out what almost stopped your users from signing up as well as how they really feel about your brand or product.
- Webmaxy’s incoming feedback widget helps in making it extremely easy for users to leave an instant visual feedback on your website. You can now learn what your users like or do not like and then uncover the UX issues to discover where you can improve.
- Webmaxy session recordings show you the actions of the individual users on your site. You can now see how people interact with your website or app and further discover pain points or issues in the user experience.
- WordPress sites use several themes and plugins that are constantly updated for improvements and security, so bugs as well as errors are bound to pop up on your site. You can then use Webmaxy in order to identify website bugs and issues before they become major blockers.
- You can put Webmaxy’s product experience insights to work as well as follow the user journey to see what is working or even identify critical blockers and pain points that make users leave the page. You can then accordingly make optimizations and improvements.
- You can use Webmaxy insights in order to improve your user experience or even redesign your site based on feedback or user behavior. Content can be optimized by removing the ignored copy and using imagery with a proven track or approval and altering CTAs. You can even test what content works best, remove distracting elements and can do a lot more.
- You can share Webmaxy product experience insights with your team in order to get buy-in or even change and challenge outdated best practices.
- If you want to know what is working and delighting you users, you can analyze their behavior to understand why certain variations win over others, confirm the hypotheses and then compare the user experience both before and after changes.
- You can take help of session recordings to find out which form fields are taking too long to fill and which are left black. You can also use exit surveys to ask your users why they are willing to leave the page without completing the form.
Steps to install as well as use Webmaxy for WordPress
You can install Webmaxy plugin for WordPress in two ways:
1. At first, you need to download the Webmaxy plugin as a zip file.
2. You can then upload the Webmaxy folder to WordPress content plugins directly.
3. At last, you need to activate the plugin through Plugins menu in WordPress.
You can also install Webmaxy plugin directly from WordPress
1. Go to the WordPress dashboard and click Add New.
2. You can then type Webmaxy in the search bar and click on Install Now. You can then press Activate to begin using the plugin.
3. You can then go to Settings and then click Webmaxy.
4. Click on the link in order to access your Webmaxy site list.
5. Further, log into you Webmaxy account to check the list of the sites that you have added to it.
6. You will find a Site ID on the left. Take the ID and paste it into the plugin settings page and the save changes.
7. Verify installation.
8. A message will pop up about the completion of the installation and you are now good to go.
Ans. You can easily add Webmaxy to WordPress by heading to your WordPress dashboard, select the Plugins option and then click Add New. You can further search Webmaxy and then click Install Now. The next window will say ‘By Webmaxy.’
Ans. No, Wbmaxy’s tracking script is specifically designed to avoid any slowing down of your browser.
Ans. Yes, Webmaxy suppresses all the keystore data by replacing text with asterisks so that the users’ personal information is safe. It also provides compliance controls so that you can use Webmaxy in a GDPR-compliant manner.
Ans. In order to set up the plugin, you need to go to Settings in your WordPress menu and then select Webmaxy and then click the link to visit your Webmaxy site list and find your unique Webmaxy ID. Type the ID into WordPress and then save changes.
Adam Wilson comes with an experience of 12+ years in the IT industry. As a Customer Success Manager, he has been researching and trying to understand the customers’ behavior in different scenarios. He has also studied human psychology to relate it to the purchase journey of the customers. His published books on customer psychology and behavior have received many honors and awards from various enterprises.